The New Bedford Day Nursery Fund (NBDNF) is a non-profit organization who encourage, support and fund educational and social opportunities for young citizens in the Greater New Bedford Area. The NBDNF’s mission is to promote, encourage and maintain the highest levels of educational programs for children from all economic backgrounds regarding cultural enrichment projects which will have a positive effect on their mental and physical growth.
The Board of Managers of the New Bedford Day Nursery Fund, Inc. is proud of its achievements over the years and feels that these grants have impacted, in a positive way, organizations that have been recipients of its funding. Our members hope that its founders would be pleased with the assistance that is being rendered to the children of the Greater New Bedford area in their name, and, while the organization is different in form from the original Nursery, it remains true to the spirit and intent.
2015 Grantees & Programs
NBDNF is honored to sponsor the following Programs for New Bedford children.
- Grace After School and Summer Program: The Grace After School and Summer Program will offer field trips to Sturbridge Village and the Boston Museum of Science.
- Dennison Memorial: The Dennison Memorial will offer programs, activities and academic tutoring.
- New Bedford Art Museum/Artworks: The NBAM/A will offer accessibility to the arts with a goal that increases participation for those most in need, extremely low income residents of the New Bedford Community. Their target ages are: 6-18
- Community Boating Center: The Community Boating Center will offer a Summer Youth Sailing Program. Using boating as a tool to help instill important life lessons and a safe, fun and nurturing learning environment.
- PAACA Youth Programming Services: PAACA will offer NEW BEDFORD YOUTH COURT services.
- YWCA: The YWCA is offering field trips to enhance STEM activities in hopes of engaging the children in hands on learning, and alleviate summer learning loss.
- THE WOMEN’S CENTER: The Women’s Center – Enriching the Lives of Children in Shelter will offer three field trips. Roger William’s Zoo, Zeiterion and Summer Camp.
- ZEITERION THEATRE: The Zeiterion Theatre will offer scholarships and free tickets to children of New Bedford Public Schools, many of whom will experience for the first-time ever the artistry and magic that is a live performance-one that can open minds, open hearts, and open doors to their unlimited human potential.